Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Low-Down

Welcome to my Campus Crusade adventure! Thanks for following - I hope that this experience proves as interesting for you to read as it is for me to live! I want to use this post as an official introduction to this blog and my life for at least the next year.

The Adventure I will be working with Campus Crusade for Christ at the University of Tennessee beginning in August. I have the incredible opportunity to spend my time hanging out with college students, getting to know them, talking about life and faith and meaning and our purpose here on this tiny ball in space. I get to teach a group of girls from the Bible, one of my favorite things to do! I get to be stretched as I learn to share who Jesus is more openly and intentionally. I'm a lot of excited, and a little intimidated too!

However, before I can pack up everything I own and move to Knoxville, I have to get together a team of people who will partner with me in this endeavor - both by praying for me, as well as supporting me financially. So I am spending my summer in my beautiful hometown, meeting with people to share my vision for ministry and building my team of partners.

The Low-Down I have passed the halfway mark in my support raising! (yay!)
This is awesome, but I still have a LOT left. (boo.)
BUT I serve a FAITHFUL and MIGHTY God who provides in stinkin' awesome ways! He has worked in some really incredible ways so far, and I am trusting Him to continue over the next 6 weeks! (but if you want to be praying about it, that really wouldn't hurt! In fact, it would help. A Lot.)

So there you go, the beginnings of my Crusade adventure in a nutshell.

~Welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment