Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lots of Excitement

Well life sure is exciting right now!

Last Thursday we had an awesome event called The Maze on campus. Crusade sponsored it, almost 900 people came (the max number the auditorium could hold), and 111 people trusted Christ and decided to become His followers that night! WOW!!! Now we have the awesome priviledge of meeting with all of those new believers and helping them process this decision and begin "walking in a new way of life." We're also getting to meet with people who didn't make decisions to follow Christ, but want to talk about the event, things that got them thinking, life, God, eternity, truth, etc., so hopefully even more people will set free through Christ as they have these conversations and wrestle with some big questions.

I hit a HUGE pothole late Saturday night that flattened not 1, but 2 of my tires, leaving me to wait for AAA at midnight, get my car towed the next day, and all culminated in me purchasing 4 new tires (the others needed to be changed anyway) and probably having to get my alignment worked on in the near future. So lots of excitement there!

I thought I lost my phone for a few hours yesterday, which created a lot of panic and stress, especially due to the fact that my best friend since I was in middle school is pregnant and past her due date and I was expecting a call at any moment telling me that she was going to the hospital! I freaked out slightly, then found my phone and was fine.

Em is, in fact, in labor now, and I expect to head to the hospital in NC in the next couple of hours!!!! YAY! I'm going to be an aunt!!! I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it!

I have been calling some of the girls that I work with to discipleship over these past couple of weeks. Basically it means that I am asking them to commit to meeting with me once a week for the purpose of helping make them into biblically mature disciples. That sounds serious and scary, but I'll pretty much just be doing the best I can to help them grow in the areas the God is revealing in their lives, challenge them, pray for and with them, and train them by giving them practical experience in different areas. The goal is to make disciples who will go out and in turn, become disciple makers. I absolutely love doing this and I am really enjoying going deeper with these girls!

Finally, on Saturday I will be going with the Bridges team (Cru staff who work with International students) to Ober Gatlinburg ski slopes. They're taking about 50 international students, most of whom have never skiied! So I get to help teach these students to ski, and ski myself, and it should be loads of fun, along with a lot of laughs!

That's all for now - but don't you agree about it being a pretty exciting time lately?!

No comments:

Post a Comment