Sunday, July 4, 2010

Abundantly More

I'm typing in my dining room as piles of suitcases, fishing rods, beach towells, etc. are being loaded into the family car for our annual trip down to Florida to visit family and take a few days of vacation. We're about to head out, but I wanted to post a quick update because I'm so excited!

I was a little stressed last week because going to Florida essentially means that I'm losing a week of the four that I have left to meet with people and build up my ministry partner team before leaving for Knoxville the first week of August. I was progressing well, but still had about 20% to raise when I get back, my list of people to call was getting smaller, while my list of people who I was waiting to hear back from was getting larger. Sometimes I'm not good at waiting, and usually end up trying to give myself at least some false sense of control over my situation by trying to imagine every possible scenario of what might happen, so that I can come up with a strategy of how to address each one.

Some people call this "being prepared: - it is their attempt at feeling quite clever and proud of themselves for what is, in actuality, a ridiculous practice. A more accurate description of this practice is called "worrying" or being a "control freak." And of course, if anything is true, its that I am certainly not in control.

So God, being the gracious and patient Father that He is, takes this opportunity to really just pour out His blessings once again. Over the last couple of days, I heard back from tons of people that I was waiting on, have multiple new monthly partners, and am now over 90% in my financial support! I'm still waiting on several, and have several appointments already set up for when I get back, so its looking like I'm actually going to have even more than I need!

God is so cool! He is Jehovah-Jireh - "the LORDwill provide"

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." -Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment