Wednesday, July 11, 2012

America Really IS the Beautiful

There's nothing like being out of the country for 6 weeks to remind me of how much I love being home.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE travelling, and am constantly amazed at how blessed I have been to be able to travel as much as I have in my life.  I love being in a different culture, experiencing new and different sights, sounds, tastes, smells...all of it.

But there's nothing like hearing that "Welcome Home" from the customs official in the airport as I come back into the States.

We had an absolutely amazing time in East Asia, and literally saw God transform lives while we were there.  I hope I never get to a point where I'm no longer amazed that I get to be a part of such incredible works of God in the lives of others.  It is truly a priviledge and incredibly humbling. 

I'll be posting more photos and stories from East Asia soon - but here's a couple of photos to whet your appetite!

My team - such a great group! 

An aerial view of our campus.

The sweet daughter of the owners of our favorite restaurant - she had put her ring on my finger!


More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment