Sunday, July 22, 2012

Changes, They're A-Comin'

As you can see, I have changed the design of my blog, which seems appropriate, to go along with all of the other changes taking place on my life.
It is hard to believe that in a little more than three weeks I will be moving to the Chicago area to work on my Masters of Divinity at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and keep working with Cru at Loyola University Chicago.  I'm ready and excited, but a little nervous and scared to move so far away from home and start school again (I haven't studied or written a paper in 4 years!)  But God has been so clearly at work in the process that I know that I just need to take the plunge and trust Him to continue to provide. 
And there's so much to be excited about!  Getting to live in a totally different part of the country with a different culture.  Freezing cold winters that I'm choosing to believe will make me a tougher person.  Getting to study the Bible more in-depth and learn more about doing ministry.  Getting to continue doing ministry with Cru while I go to school.  Living near a huge city for the first time in my life.  The REALLY good food in Chicago.  Getting to be on campus again as a student, with the peers and community that comes with it. 
I'm pretty sure that those are only a few of the things to be excited about, so suffice it to say: this is looking like a good move! 

In the meantime, I will enjoy my last few weeks in my hometown, with friend, in the South, even, and try to live fully in each moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment